AVEVA™ Reports for Operations (3 Days) 16-18 May 2023
Module 1 – Introduction
- Section 1 – Course Introduction
- This section describes the objectives of the course, intended audience, prerequisites, and course agenda.
- Section 2 – AVEVA™ Reports for Operations Overview
- This section provides an overview of AVEVA™ Reports for Operations.
- Section 3 – System Requirements and Licensing
- This section explains the system requirements and licensing for AVEVA Reports for Operations.
Module 2 – Projects and Project Settings
- Section 1 – Project Creation
- This section describes how to create a project within AVEVA™ Reports Studio. It goes on to explain how to configure connections to historical data sources using driver configurations and explains the requirements for connecting to AVEVA™ Application Server a live data source.
Module 3 – Reports and Report Settings
- Section 1 – Page and Report Templates
- This section discusses the differences between page and report templates and explains how to create and use page and report templates. It goes on to demonstrate how to run the report, and how to generate a report within the Runtime Management Console.
Module 4 – Basic Report Elements
- Section 1 – Report Elements
- This section explains how to use basic report elements in report design including: numeric values, graphic elements, text elements. It goes on to describe how to generate a dynamic report in the Runtime Management Console.
- Section 2 – Defined Time Periods
- This section explains how to use the Time Definition Manager to define time parameters for reports.
- Section 3 – Advanced SQL Conditions
- This section explains how to use the Advanced SQL Condition option to apply conditions to reporting elements.
Module 5 – Table and Chart Elements
- Section 1 – Table Elements
- This section explains how to use table elements as report elements.
- Section 2 – Chart and Graph Elements
- This section explains how to use chart and graph elements in reports.
Module 6 – Batch Reports
- Section 1 – Batch Parameters
- This section explains how to use the Batch Definition tool, how data quantity can affect batch data, how to define a Golden Batch, and how to use batch definitions as time parameters for report elements.
Module 7 – Alarm Reporting
- Section 1 – Configure and Report Alarms
- This section describes alarm connectivity, and it goes on to explain the Alarm Table object as well as the Alarm and Events Filter Manager.
Module 8 – Web Functionality
- Section 1 – Web Elements and Web-Enabled Reports
- This section explains how to add a report level, and Web Elements to control report objects. It goes on to describe how to activate the web reports server, and access and control a web-enabled report.
- Section 2 – Web Portal Features
- This section explains how the Web Reports server works and explains how to access previous instances of reports. It goes on to demonstrate how to generate new instances of reports as well as dynamic instances of reports.
Module 9 – Project Security and User Management
- Section 1 – Project Security and User Management
- This section describes how to enable project security and set up users and user groups using Windows security. It goes on to explain how to assign privileges rights for report development, and access rights for the Runtime Management console, web portal, as well as specific reports.
Appendix A – Reports and Microsoft Excel
- Section 1 – Excel Format Report Settings
- This section explains how to enable reports for a Microsoft Excel format, add report elements for output to Excel, limitations of report elements that can be used in Excel. It goes on to explain how to generate a report in the Excel format.